- An endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay for a specified period of time in a country.More example sentences
- He said he has only worked in Europe with business visas, which allow stays of 90 days.
- British passport holders don't require visas if staying less than 60 days.
- I would like to think they are currently New Zealand citizens or holders of permanent residence visas.
mid 19th century: via French from Latin visa, past participle (neuter plural) of videre 'to see'.
More definitions of visaDefinition of visa in:
- The British & World English dictionary