- 1The wife or widow of a viscount.More example sentences
- The wives of a king, prince, duke, marquess, earl, viscount and baron are queen, princess, duchess, marchioness, countess, viscountess and baroness respectively.
- The viscountess and the countess had very different, simultaneous reactions to this statement of Lady Gwyneth's.
- Thirty gowns each, your highness, ten capes and five habits for both Princess Gayle and the viscountess as well.
- 1.1A woman holding the rank of viscount in her own right.More example sentences
- ‘Lady Mackenzie is a viscountess,’ the Marquis supplied dryly.
- Both Lady Garwood and Lady Gwyneth immediately leaned forward in anticipation as the viscountess cleared her throat self-importantly.
More definitions of viscountessDefinition of viscountess in:
- The British & World English dictionary