- another term for visitorial.More example sentences
- Originally a visitatorial commission supervising clerical discipline, it became a full-blown court for various lay offences, often political.
- But, if so, ‘tis a strong reason against granting the rule, for then the Crown may enforce its demands in a visitatorial way.
- Here, then, plainly and incontrovertibly, if we acceded to the request for coöperation with the Commission as now constituted, was our whole system of doctrinal teaching to be made the subject of visitatorial examination by Protestant Commissioners, some of whom were laymen, some clergymen; and from their impressions would be derived their report.
More definitions of visitatorialDefinition of visitatorial in:
- The British & World English dictionary