- It is a very successful way to convert an ordinary shot into one with a lot of visual appeal.
- Experiments in visual perception have shown that the mind has a great influence on what we see.
- However, Plato's distrust of sensory perception led him to reject the visual arts.
- On the technical side, the film has slick visuals and an impressive montage at the beginning.
- The film has also visuals of a leading gold jewellery showroom in the State.
- The visuals are all extremely cartoonish, a style that works best for such a parody.
- Example sentences
- Each demonstrates the ways a book makes an aesthetic experience of space, an experience registered against the long history of thematic links between modern visuality and the city.
- Visual studies has to think through the ways of thinking about what visuality is - not just to look around at the endless proliferation of images and artifacts.
- In the introduction the reader is presented with the dual concepts of Aura and Icon as reference points in the journey to mapping Mouride visuality.
Late Middle English (originally describing a beam imagined to proceed from the eye and make vision possible): from late Latin visualis, from Latin visus 'sight', from videre 'to see'. The current noun sense dates from the 1950s.
Words that rhyme with visualaudio-visual, televisual
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.