- The part of the cerebral cortex that receives and processes sensory nerve impulses from the eyes.More example sentences
- In the lateral geniculate nucleus, as in the visual cortex, the neurons are arranged in layers.
- The occipital cortex - the visual cortex at the back of the head - gets excitatory input and begins to fire excessively.
- The researchers monitored 21 nerve cells in the visual cortex of four cats.
More definitions of visual cortexDefinition of visual cortex in:
- The British & World English dictionary