Definition of vitalize in English:
Give strength and energy to: yoga calms and vitalizes body and mind
More example sentences
- There was a pull, a peaceful power, in that simple sound, and its strength bolstered and vitalized the vegetation perhaps even more than more ordinary methods of caretaking.
- And it is precisely this intangible element - a sense of shared values and community - that is the legacy that seems to be the driving force sustaining and vitalizing this collection.
- Enjoy fresh, wholesome vegetarian foods that vitalize the body.
- Example sentences
- We were brought up to husband Nature, to accept its uncertainties and to extend our being into human communities for subsistence and vitalisation.
- However, since little happened in the vitalization of a moribund and hidebound university in the 1920s, more active steps need to be taken to restore the university to a leading role in a national culture.
- It is not itself, unlike Aristotle's ‘soul’, a principle of vitalization.
Definition of vitalize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.