- Any of a group of vitamins found in liver and fish oils, essential for the absorption of calcium and the prevention of rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults. They include calciferol ( vitamin D2) and cholecalciferol ( vitamin D3).More example sentences
- The role of vitamin D in calcium absorption and metabolism for bone health is well known.
- Good sources of vitamin D are fish liver oil, egg yolk, milk and sunshine.
- Most fortified soy milks have about as much calcium, vitamin A, and vitamin D as cow's milk.
More definitions of vitamin DDefinition of vitamin D in:
- The British & World English dictionary