adjectiveZoology or Embryology
- Of or relating to the yolk (or yolk sac) of an egg or embryo, or to yolk-producing organs.More example sentences
- At the second stage, when the sperm cell reaches the vitelline envelope, other recognition molecules allow bindin of the correct species to attach the sperm tightly to the egg.
- From these observations and following experiments involving membrane removals, the authors concluded that the vitelline and embryonic membranes are essential to osmoregulation during development.
- The ventral follicle cells produce proteins, like pipe, that are only deposited in the ventral vitelline envelope.
late Middle English (in the sense 'colored like egg yolk'): from medieval Latin vitellinus, from vitellus (see vitellus).
More definitions of vitellineDefinition of vitelline in:
- The British & World English dictionary