- The surgical operation of removing the vitreous humor from the eyeball.More example sentences
- Within two years of retinal surgery and vitrectomy, patients develop cataracts at a rate approaching 100%.
- A vitrectomy may be done to remove the shrunken vitreous gel that is pulling on the retina.
- Endophthalmitis is an acute emergency necessitating an urgent referral for intraocular injection of antibiotics, occasionally combined with vitrectomy surgery.
More definitions of vitrectomyDefinition of vitrectomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary