Definition of vivisect in English:
Perform vivisection on (an animal) (used only by people who are opposed to the practice).
- Have we the right to make experiments on animals and vivisect them?
- It may be ethically objectionable to vivisect animals, or pursue profits at the expense of nature and community, but it is usually legal.
- A further note on Victor's improbable career: when he is not creating life in the lab, or necromancing with mummy DNA, he apparently vivisects chimpanzees.
mid 19th century: back-formation from vivisection.
- Example sentences
- Croce reveals the clear contradiction in the attitude of the vivisector towards animals.
- First of all, for those of you who don't know me, I am a former vivisector and I speak out against vivisection now.
- Additionally, two animal labs and three vivisector's offices were entered and all contents relating to animal research were destroyed.
Words that rhyme with vivisectarchitect • unbaked
Definition of vivisect in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia