- (In many male frogs) a loose fold of skin on each side of the mouth, which can be inflated to produce sound.More example sentences
- Sex was determined from the presence or absence of vocal sacs and thumb pads.
- In Rhinoderma darwinii, males retain the tadpoles in their vocal sacs until the young metamorphose.
- There are dads who incubate their babies in their mouths, their vocal sacs, and in pouches.
More definitions of vocal sacDefinition of vocal sac in:
- The British & World English dictionary