Definition of vocalism in English:
1.1The skill or art of exercising the voice in singing.
- Röschmann's imposing yet sensitive vocalism and sheer stamina are a triumph.
- Clare Lesser responds with some stunning vocalism whilst keeping a clear, expressive purity of tone, though I still felt that she could have had more feel for the words.
- And in the duets, Rutter and Gavin were glorious; faced with such wonderful vocalism we could not help but be carried away and forget the work's rather dodgy dramaturgy.
2 Phonetics A vowel sound or articulation.
- But of course, linguists will note, the vocalism is different here: bock does not rhyme with buck.
Definition of vocalism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.