Definition of voidance in English:
1.1chiefly Law An annulment of a contract.
- The words of clause 29A have been changed to include the phrase ‘in any substantial respect,’ with regard to grounds for voidance of an occupation right agreement.
- It is prohibited to apply to the courts for voidance of the employment contract of an employee representative.
- The Notice of Voidance shall specify the cause for the voidance and describe the facts in support of the cause.
1.2 Christian Church A vacancy in a benefice.
- And if such advowees do not present to such benefices within the half year after such voidances, nor the bishop of the place do not give the same by lapse of time within a month after half a year, that then the king shall have thereof the presentments and collations as he hath of other of his own advowry.
Late Middle English: from Old French, from the verb voider (see void).
Words that rhyme with voidanceavoidance
Definition of voidance in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.