- A small round case of puff pastry filled with a savory mixture, typically of meat or fish in a richly flavored sauce.More example sentences
- As well as fresh fish, organic meat and vegetables there is a wealth of special breads, cakes, pastas, sauces, quiches, vol-au-vents, hummus and much more.
- That was the good part - cheeses and chocolates, pickles and vol-au-vents, dainty sandwiches, Christmas cake and stuffed dates - enough to keep us amused while the doctor did his rounds.
- We're used to soggy vol-au-vents, rock hard party sausages and rough Bulgarian plonk.
French, literally 'flight in the wind'.
More definitions of vol-au-ventDefinition of vol-au-vent in:
- The British & World English dictionary