- Relating to the palm of the hand or the sole of the foot.More example sentences
- In the 19 cases with a second tendon, the aberrant tendon inserted into the tendon of abductor pollicis brevis in 12 cases, inserted onto the trapezium in six, and joined the volar carpal ligament in one.
- The flexor sheath is a membranous structure, which surrounds the flexor tendons from the metacarpal neck to the volar plate of the distal interphalangeal joint and is attached longitudinally to the underlying bony structures.
- Cysts are self evident, being soft and ballotable, and occur along the dorsal and volar aspects of the wrist.
early 19th century: from Latin vola 'hollow of hand or foot' + -ar1.
More definitions of volarDefinition of volar in:
- The British & World English dictionary