- another term for essential oil.More example sentences
- Extracts of the plant also contain volatile oils, flavonoids, tannins, and pyrrolizidine alkaloids.
- The flowers contain a yellow volatile oil, fatty acid, free malic and phosphoric acids, malate and phosphate of lime, acetate of potash, uncrystallizable sugar, gum, chlorophyll and a yellow resinous matter.
- Taste is actually a very direct way of experiencing the pharmacology of a plant - certain strong alkaloids taste bitter, volatile oils have an aromatic taste, certain plant acids have a sour of astringent taste.
More definitions of volatile oilDefinition of volatile oil in:
- The British & World English dictionary