- another term for obsidian.More example sentences
- Detrital grains of quartz, altered feldspars, laumontite, chlorite, volcanic glass shards and rock fragments make up 5-45% of this horizon.
- Zeolite minerals are diagenetic products formed from the breakdown of volcanic glass and minerals by fluids circulating through the rocks.
- They result from nonequilibrium crystallization from the devitrification of volcanic glass, which is postulated to occur at relatively high temperatures following compaction and welding of a hot rhyolitic ash flow.
More definitions of volcanic glassDefinition of volcanic glass in:
- The British & World English dictionary