- Relating to or denoting a clastic rock that contains volcanic material.More example sentences
- Late Devonian to Carboniferous rocks consist of interbedded mudrocks, sandstones and volcaniclastic strata, whereas the Permian rocks are crystalline limestone with subordinate clastic and volcaniclastic sediments.
- The sediments are partly clastic and partly volcaniclastic because volcanism is active along such margins.
- Well-rounded clasts include lava, volcaniclastic sandstones and bioclastic limestones with nummulites, bryozoa, microbial carbonate and bivalve material.
More definitions of volcaniclasticDefinition of volcaniclastic in:
- The British & World English dictionary