- Informal Latin of classical times.More example sentences
- In shooting the film in Aramaic and vulgar Latin, and casting it largely with unknown faces, he effectively distanced it from the absurdity of most American films about Jesus, which have had the Son of God speaking in Californian English.
- It provides rich information for historical linguists as to how vulgar Latin was evolving.
- Because of its remote location, this version of vulgar Latin departed more from the prestigious Roman variant than the Iberian variants that had more direct access to the capital of the Roman empire.
More definitions of vulgar LatinDefinition of vulgar Latin in:
- The British & World English dictionary