1Wooden paneling that lines the lower part of the walls of a room.
- Rugs on marble floors, dark wood wainscoting, patterned green silk wall coverings and the building's original cavernous ceiling breathe life into the installation.
- The furniture was all stained to match the black-stained cypress wainscoting.
- So the latest controversy over so-called shared campuses for Catholic schools has brought the usual suspects out of the wainscoting in swarms.
1.1Material for wainscoting.
- Fairfield Woodworks takes the wood left over after veneers are sliced off and recycles it into wainscoting and other trim materials.
- So when my cherry wainscotting arrives, send it up to the publisher's old office.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of wainscoting in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.