- 1The action of staying where one is or delaying action until a particular time or until something else happens.More example sentences
- The inevitable result is that waiting times have grown and now stand at a staggering 53 weeks for a routine MRI scan.
- No forms to fill out, no instant check, no waiting period.
- Blair led the way out of the office and into the larger waiting area.
- 2Official attendance at court. See also lady-in-waiting.
More definitions of waitingDefinition of waiting in:
- The British & World English dictionary