Definition of waiver in English:
1An act or instance of waiving a right or claim.
- Incentives would have to include tax waivers, for instance, on appropriate equipment used in production and which were environmentally friendly.
- It provided for a waiver of all claims for the period before 1 January 1993.
- It is also argued that the Agreement has the effect of constituting a waiver of litigation privilege.
1.1A document recording the waiving of a right or claim.
- The district provided the information, also permitting parents to sign waivers for the bilingual program.
- A written waiver was prepared by counsel and signed by Blanchard.
- To protect yourself, get signed waivers for these installations.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan