An edible brown seaweed used, typically in dried form, in Chinese and Japanese cooking.
- Undaria pinnatifida, class Phaeophyceae
More example sentences
- Brush plate with Chinese chili paste and make a fine line of wakame.
- A dish called the Tidal Pool has a subtly tinged grace of oysters, urchin, wakame, and wood-ear mushroom, but its ethereal subtlety matches nothing on the menu.
- Delightful as incredibly fresh hijiki and wakame can be when sparked by sour cherries, the rush won't begin until your first chew.
Definition of wakame in:
- The British & World English dictionary