Definition of walking fern in English:
A North American fern with long slender tapering fronds that form new plantlets where the tips touch the ground, typically growing on limestone.
- Asplenium (or Camptosorus) rhizophyllus, family Aspleniaceae
- I have been trying to grow walking ferns from spores, with little or no success until this last year.
- Mosses and walking ferns may grow in the cooler air and in the low light of the cave entrance.
- This trail's namesake is a large boulder located near the midpoint that is covered with walking ferns.
Definition of walking fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan