nounNorth American • informal
- Notice of dismissal from a job: the reporter has been given his walking papersMore example sentences
- Rosen and Weissman have been handed their walking papers, and AIPAC is backpedaling furiously on its previous statements denying any wrongdoing by its employees.
- The exec actually handed in his own walking papers on Dec. 21.
- ‘He shouldn't get a medal and he shouldn't get a promotion; he should get his walking papers,’ Udall said in a Friday release.
More definitions of walking papersDefinition of walking papers in:
- The British & World English dictionary