Definition of wall rocket in English:
A yellow-flowered European plant that resembles mustard and emits a foul smell when crushed.
- Diplotaxis muralis, family Brassicaceae
- The perennial wall rocket can be easily mistaken for the Wild Turnip at first glance because the yellow flowers and slender fruit pods are very similar.
- There were some interesting flowers here, including the yellow, rather wallflower-like wall rocket - of which I failed to get a decent photo.
- Wild arugula (also called wall rocket; botanically Diplotaxis muralis) has small, fleshy leaves and tastes peppery, clean, and sharp.
Definition of wall rocket in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.