Definition of wall rue in English:
A small delicate spleenwort (fern) that resembles rue, growing on walls and rocks in both Europe and North America and sensitive to atmospheric pollution.
- Asplenium ruta-muraria, family Aspleniaceae
- In the British Isles, wall rue was considered a specific remedy for scrofula many years ago.
- The tiny A. ruta-muraria or wall rue is another lovely species in this genera.
- Look on the left for two kinds of ferns growing on the stone wall, these are the tiny wall rue and slightly larger maiden hair spleenwort.
Definition of wall rue in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia