A large Australian kangaroo, the female of which is paler than the male.
- Genus Macropus, family Macropodidae: two species, in particular the common wallaroo (M. robustus)
More example sentences
- When I was a child I can remember I had kangaroo rats, wallabies, wallaroos, brush wallabies, all different marsupials as pets, and they were really very, very interesting.
- In Australia ‘kangaroo’ is used as a generic term covering different species of kangaroo, wallaby, and wallaroo of large and medium size.
- The old shovel then fell apart and the wallaroo turned on Zac, Mrs Sinton's cattle dog.
early 19th century: from Dharuk walaru.
Definition of wallaroo in:
- The British & World English dictionary