- A beating: she gave him a good wallopingMore example sentences
- The '86 World Cup was followed by an abysmal display in Euro '88, including defeat to Ireland in the opening match followed by wallopings at the hands of the Soviet Union and Holland.
- After some distinctly underwhelming performances of late, this was the day when it all came gloriously right for Boroughmuir with a nine-try walloping of the side alleged to be their nearest rivals for the Premiership 1 title.
- Not even the prospect of a hernia operation could limit Brian Kelly's silken style as he led the ‘return’ of Palatine after a walloping by Eire Og in their initial championship outing.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- Large and powerful: a walloping shockMore example sentences
- Agha Abedi, the Pakistani founder of Bank of Credit and Commerce International, arranged hunting outings for the sheikhs in return for walloping bank deposits.
- American Steel do not play pure, walloping punk (few bands really do) as much as they create a grotesque amalgam of past punk-related styles.
- Insiders are bracing for some walloping arguments over the company's direction in the coming months.
More definitions of wallopingDefinition of walloping in:
- The British & World English dictionary