1Paper that is pasted in vertical strips over the walls of a room to provide a decorative or textured surface.
- As finances permitted, in the living room and one bedroom the dark and tattered wallpapers were stripped and a decorator skilled at papering scrim walls put up new wallpaper.
- An expert will visit your home and plan a scheme based on the dimensions of the hallway and position of the living room, and any wallpapers, fabrics and furnishings you have planned.
- The wallpaper at Winterthur shares landscape and architectural element as well as figures with the Beauport paper and other painted wallpapers imported from China in the eighteenth century.
1.1 Computing An optional background pattern or picture on a computer or mobile phone screen.
- We not only have a detailed video review, but also high-res movies, and even custom wallpaper for your computer desktop.
- She will also provide services like ringtones, Java games and wallpapers.
- I always get my wallpapers and desktop icons from thereabouts.
Apply wallpaper to (a wall or room).
- Reexamination of the walls revealed that two rooms were originally wallpapered.
- In the room, the walls were wallpapered with scenery, a mythological forest.
- My room was actually wallpapered with ‘National Geographic’ maps and my book shelves all had ‘National Geographic’ magazines.
Definition of wallpaper in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.