nounNorth American • informal
- A classified advertisement in a newspaper or magazine; a small ad.More example sentences
- One day, you see a want ad in your local newspaper: ‘Agency seeking young women to work as au pairs.’
- While that might sound like no big deal, consider this: placing a want ad for a ‘recent graduate’ is considered an act of age discrimination.
- Jacques decides to place a want ad for a housekeeper.
More definitions of want adDefinition of want ad in:
- The British & World English dictionary