Definition of war machine in English:
1The military resources of a country organized for waging war.
- Monty was a highly experienced soldier, the hero of the battle of El Alamein; Eisenhower was the Supreme Commander with ultimate authority to direct the vast resources of the allied war machine.
- The game is played out in real time as you build bases and command armies while making sure you are harvesting enough resources to keep the war machine going.
- With a huge war machine, the US government will gain in military terms.
2An instrument or weapon of war.
- Stone is skilled at every conceivable battle plan, every conceivable weapon, war machine, or fighting style, and every possible way to win or lose any situation.
- He turned and dived out from the momentary cover as it crumbled under the war machine's onslaught, returning fire with the twin weapons as he continued to evade his pursuer.
- Shaped roughly like an eagle with forward facing wings, this war machine had seen all the major space battles fought in the last seven years.
Definition of war machine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.