Definition of war room in English:
1A room from which a war is directed.
- It's a long way from a room in share house, to the war room of a futuristic submarine.
- The General is making his decisions about the war in a war room based upon computers and real time communications, all over the world.
- In the end hardly anyone was following the evidence outside the Committee, except the batteries of officials monitoring proceedings from the Defence war room hidden away next door.
1.1A room from which business or political strategy is planned.
- They are manning a political war room near the FleetCenter to respond to the Democrats.
- But many European experts doubt that the war room strategy will be enough.
- The company now attempts to sell business and expertise, and from its New York war room selects targets in a variety of sectors ranging from utilities, banking, financial services and local government.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia