Definition of warehousing in English:
1The practice or process of storing goods in a warehouse.
- The Council approved an order to accommodate two planning applications seeking to develop a toy store and retail warehousing with car parking at a site on Mercy Road.
- Indeed, there are plenty of software programs and accompanying units that can help dairy processors better manage their warehousing and distribution processes.
- The Korea Region has contractors developing integrated processes that will address warehousing, logistics, and an in- and out-processing system.
1.1Warehouses considered collectively.
- The development plans to include three million square feet of built warehousing and includes parking facilities for up to 15,000 vehicles.
- The new centre will comprise 150,000 square feet of warehousing, loading bays, offices and associated facilities.
- The former Waterford Crystal site is zoned for 110,000 square foot of retail warehousing.
1.2 informal The practice of placing people, typically prisoners or psychiatric patients, in large, impersonal institutions.
- Too much emphasis is placed on secure institutionalization and warehousing, but not enough attention is paid to education, family empowerment, behavior change, life skills and employment training.
- The goal of rehabilitation was long ago replaced with that of warehousing, and now the only real goal is to warehouse cheaply.
- Instead, we are warehousing literally millions of people who rot away, spending 23 or more hours a day in a cage, day after day after day.
Definition of warehousing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.