(also war gaming)
Definition of wargaming in English:
1The action of playing a war game as a leisure activity or exercise in personal development.
- We believe those experts can be developed and nurtured through the time-tested practice of wargaming - particularly if they learn, along the way, that you can't win 'em all.
- Unfortunately, the use of wargaming in the American military is not universal.
1.1The action of engaging in a campaign or course of action using the strategies of a military exercise.
- The interesting mix of military history and wargaming is important to the profession of arms.
- Then some years later wargaming would be formally adopted by that country's military.
- Soviet wargaming could not adjudicate the strategic impacts of air power.
Definition of wargaming in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia