An African wild pig with bristly gray skin, a large head, warty lumps on the face, and curved tusks.
- Phacochoerus aethiopicus, family Suidae
More example sentences
- Add up all the lions, elephants, warthogs, giraffes, gazelles, zebras, impalas, topis and hyenas that live on these plains and they fail to outnumber the gnus.
- Other animal species to look out for include impala, blue wildebeest, waterbuck, zebra, nyala, kudu, bushbuck, warthog, cheetah, hyena, jackal and giraffe.
- As for antelopes, baboons, chimps, crocodiles, gazelles, giraffes, hippos, hyenas, warthogs and zebras, well, they're ten a shilling.
Definition of warthog in:
- The British & World English dictionary