1 [usually with modifier] A person or device that washes something: a glass washer
More example sentences
- It would have included a wide range of facilities, including round-the-clock jet washers, a car wash and garage shop.
- A difference of three feet one way or another may not seem like much when you're deciding where to position a glass washer, but it can add up to hundreds or even thousands of extra steps for bartenders a week.
- Mark looked up from loading the glass washer to see a new face at the bar.
2A small flat ring made of metal, rubber, or plastic fixed under a nut or the head of a bolt to spread the pressure when tightened or between two joining surfaces as a spacer or seal.
- Does that new faucet have rubber washers or plastic valves?
- Now you need four sets of four standard round washers (metal or plastic, about 1 inch in diameter or a little less), purchased at any hardware store.
- Anyway, in brief, you use a screw and plastic washer on the back of the motherboard to hold a metal rod and plastic washer in place on the front side - one through each mounting hole.
Words that rhyme with washerjosher
Definition of washer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.