Definition of washer in English:
1 [usually with modifier] A person or device that washes something: a glass washer
More example sentences
- It would have included a wide range of facilities, including round-the-clock jet washers, a car wash and garage shop.
- A difference of three feet one way or another may not seem like much when you're deciding where to position a glass washer, but it can add up to hundreds or even thousands of extra steps for bartenders a week.
- Mark looked up from loading the glass washer to see a new face at the bar.
2A small flat ring made of metal, rubber, or plastic fixed under a nut or the head of a bolt to spread the pressure when tightened or between two joining surfaces as a spacer or seal.
- Does that new faucet have rubber washers or plastic valves?
- Now you need four sets of four standard round washers (metal or plastic, about 1 inch in diameter or a little less), purchased at any hardware store.
- Anyway, in brief, you use a screw and plastic washer on the back of the motherboard to hold a metal rod and plastic washer in place on the front side - one through each mounting hole.
Words that rhyme with washerjosher
Definition of washer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan