nounchiefly • historical
- A piece of furniture designed to hold a jug, bowl, or basin for the purpose of washing one’s hands and face.More example sentences
- It comes complete with a tiny wicker basket full of fruit, a dressing table and a washstand and towel rail.
- The room she was in was small to say the least, with a bed, a washstand, a chair and table, and a solitary trunk against the wall.
- At the same time, the washstand, with its bowl and pitcher, jumped forward and turned over.
More definitions of washstandDefinition of washstand in:
- The British & World English dictionary