adjective (washier, washiest)
- 1.1Lacking in strength or vigor; insipid: a weak and washy productionMore example sentences
- They've pretty much dropped social/political style illustrations for lots of washy winter scene's or visual jokes.
- 2(Of a color) having a faded look.More example sentences
- It seems like a window that you could step through and the gentle, washy colours are like the dew on freshly mown grass.
- Backlighting the hand, a bright yellow disk rests against a washy sienna background encircled by a repeating phrase in Gujarati.
- A washy monochrome, its broad rectangles of turpentine-thinned burnt sienna lack not only the powerful materiality of the other paintings, but the intensity of fully saturated color as well.
- More example sentences
- Five of twenty-one patients who reported stool washiness had diarrhea, but only 2 patients had serious symptoms.
- I like the combo and the layering of the washiness of the watercolor with the mandala imagery.
- My favorite thing about the photos above is the selection of an unflattering angle and the pale washiness of the image for the "uncute" girl.
More definitions of washyDefinition of washy in:
- The British & World English dictionary