adjective (washier, washiest)
1 archaic (Of food or drink) too watery: washy potatoes
2(Of a color) having a faded look.
- It seems like a window that you could step through and the gentle, washy colours are like the dew on freshly mown grass.
- Backlighting the hand, a bright yellow disk rests against a washy sienna background encircled by a repeating phrase in Gujarati.
- A washy monochrome, its broad rectangles of turpentine-thinned burnt sienna lack not only the powerful materiality of the other paintings, but the intensity of fully saturated color as well.
- Example sentences
- Five of twenty-one patients who reported stool washiness had diarrhea, but only 2 patients had serious symptoms.
- I like the combo and the layering of the washiness of the watercolor with the mandala imagery.
- My favorite thing about the photos above is the selection of an unflattering angle and the pale washiness of the image for the "uncute" girl.
Words that rhyme with washysloshy, squashy
Definition of washy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.