Definition of wasp waist in English:
A very narrow or tightly corseted waist.
- Fashion in clothes often influences body shape - witness the corset and the wasp waist.
- The wasp waist becomes the focus as the tie dye velvet jacket is teamed with a full pleated skirt creating a feminine feel.
- The look defines a determined woman; a woman who carries off a classically man-tailored suit complete with tie and asserts her femininity with a sheer silk blouse and wasp waist.
- Example sentences
- The family gathers in front of the house, the mother in her wasp-waisted dress a picture of 1950s domesticity as she repeatedly leads a child down the walk.
- The stone statues of the abstract Union Soldier grow slimmer and younger each year - wasp-waisted, they doze over muskets and muse through their sideburns.
- His wasp-waisted, long-limbed figures express the era's aspirations and opulence with disarming force.
Definition of wasp waist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan