Definition of watchmaker in English:
A person who makes and repairs watches and clocks.
- At the same time there were harness makers, tailors, dressmakers, builders, blacksmiths, wheelwrights, watchmakers, saddlers, masons and carpenters.
- Arthur also studied the commercial ties between clockmakers, watchmakers, and cabinet-makers, since tall-case clocks were a collaborative effort.
- Descended from a long line of watchmakers, he makes a living designing timepieces.
- Example sentences
- It will surprise no one to learn that the man's civilian occupation is, naturally, watchmaking.
- Many worked in professions connected to the tailoring industry, including furs and leather, as well as jewellery and watchmaking.
- This will be taken care of; new models will be built which will fit in the pocket; the precision of watchmaking will be applied to them.
Words that rhyme with watchmakermerrymaker
Definition of watchmaker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan