Definition of water buffalo in English:
A large black domesticated buffalo with heavy swept-back horns, used as a beast of burden throughout the tropics.
- Genus Bubalus, family Bovidae: the domesticated B. bubalis, descended from the wild B. arnee, which is confined to remote parts of India and Southeast Asia
- In Africa, the water buffalo is represented by the African or cape buffalo.
- My friends and I took little-used routes to the outer edges of the valley to graze and mind our cows and water buffalo - the job of most rural kids.
- However, few families own more than a small number of cows, water buffalo, or yaks because the mountainous topography does not provide grazing land for large animals.
Definition of water buffalo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan