Definition of water buffalo in English:
A large black domesticated buffalo with heavy swept-back horns, used as a beast of burden throughout the tropics.
- Genus Bubalus, family Bovidae: the domesticated B. bubalis, descended from the wild B. arnee, which is confined to remote parts of India and Southeast Asia
- In Africa, the water buffalo is represented by the African or cape buffalo.
- My friends and I took little-used routes to the outer edges of the valley to graze and mind our cows and water buffalo - the job of most rural kids.
- However, few families own more than a small number of cows, water buffalo, or yaks because the mountainous topography does not provide grazing land for large animals.
Definition of water buffalo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.