- The cycle of processes by which water circulates between the earth’s oceans, atmosphere, and land, involving precipitation as rain and snow, drainage in streams and rivers, and return to the atmosphere by evaporation and transpiration.More example sentences
- It has so far opposed all certification of green labeling that tells you whether the harvesting process protected biodiversity, hillslope stability, the water cycle, and soils.
- These include climate regulation, the operation of the water cycle, the regulation of atmospheric composition, and nutrient cycling.
- This will include the composition of atmosphere, the water cycle, the pollination of crops, the assimilation of waste and recycling of nutrients, the delicate interplay of species - all of these are in serious danger.
More definitions of water cycleDefinition of water cycle in:
- The British & World English dictionary