Definition of water lettuce in English:
A tropical aquatic plant of the arum family that forms a floating rosette of leaves.
- Pistia stratiotes, family Araceae
- I like the gray-green leaves of water lettuce, another boatlike floater, and the tiny fronds of Azolla filiculoides, a fern that happens to float.
- Three illegal species that top the list are the highly invasive water hyacinth, water lettuce and giant salvinia.
- The move is aimed at trying to slow spread of harmful aquatic vegetation such as hydrilla, hyacinth, water lettuce and salvinia, alien plants that can denigrate freshwater fisheries.
Definition of water lettuce in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.