- A device or substance that softens hard water by removing certain minerals.More example sentences
- However, very hard water can deposit mineral film on dishes, glasses, and flatware, and on dishwasher pump and moving parts; it is wise if water if very hard to install a water softener before installing a dishwasher.
- A well pumps the water into my home and because it's unsuitable as is, it's processed through a device called a water softener.
- Use natural, unscented laundry soap and add borax, washing soda or baking soda as a water softener.
More definitions of water softenerDefinition of water softener in:
- The British & World English dictionary