Definition of water soldier in English:
An aquatic European plant with slender, spiny-toothed leaves in submerged rosettes that rise to the surface at flowering time.
- Stratiotes aloides, family Hydrocharitaceae
- Further onto the marsh there are water soldiers that should be coming into flower about now.
- The water soldier offers a graceful display when it rises to the surface of the water to flower in July.
- The water soldier has long unbranched roots that hang down under the plant to balance it.
Definition of water soldier in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan