An aquatic European plant with slender, spiny-toothed leaves in submerged rosettes that rise to the surface at flowering time.
- Stratiotes aloides, family Hydrocharitaceae
More example sentences
- Further onto the marsh there are water soldiers that should be coming into flower about now.
- The water soldier offers a graceful display when it rises to the surface of the water to flower in July.
- The water soldier has long unbranched roots that hang down under the plant to balance it.
Definition of water soldier in:
- The British & World English dictionary