- (In an echinoderm) a network of water vessels in the body, the tube feet being operated by hydraulic pressure within the vessels.More example sentences
- These tube feet are extended and retracted by hydraulic pressure in the water-vascular system.
- Like all echinoderms, echinoids are pentaradially symmetrical, have a water-vascular system, and have an internal skeleton made of calcitic ossicles (plates).
- In starfish, only the left hydrocoel of the larva develops into the adult water-vascular system, while the right hydrocoel disappears.
More definitions of water-vascular systemDefinition of water-vascular system in:
- The British & World English dictionary