Definition of waterboard in English:
Subject (someone) to the process of waterboarding.
- Speaking after his release, he said he had been beaten with iron bars, given electric shocks and "waterboarded", and even now feared for his life.
- We've seen a number of reporters having themselves waterboarded so they can describe it.
- The government says he even confessed but also admits he was waterboarded.
nounBack to top
The board or bench onto which a person is strapped during the process of waterboarding .
- In our limited experience, extensive use of the waterboard can introduce new risks.
- So when Blank offered me copies of his photos of a waterboard and of a painting depicting a waterboarding session, I quickly accepted.
- Incidentally, the waterboard in these photos wasn't merely one among many torture devices highlighted at the prison museum.
Definition of waterboard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.