- A brown and gray aquatic Asian rail, the male of which develops black plumage and a red frontal shield in the breeding season.
More example sentences
- Gallicrex cinerea, family Rallidae
- Birds caught in northern Bekasi for sale purposes are usually watercocks and egrets.
- Indian blue-breasted banded rail, slatylegged banded crake, northern ruddy crake, whitebreasted waterhen, watercock, Indian moorhen, Indian purple moorhen are resident birds and can be seen on ponds, inundated paddy fields, etc.
- Three poachers were caught red-handed trying to lure watercocks and yellow bitterns by using a recording of a bird's mating call here yesterday.
More definitions of watercockDefinition of watercock in:
- The British & World English dictionary