Definition of watercock in English:
A brown and gray aquatic Asian rail, the male of which develops black plumage and a red frontal shield in the breeding season.
- Gallicrex cinerea, family Rallidae
- Birds caught in northern Bekasi for sale purposes are usually watercocks and egrets.
- Indian blue-breasted banded rail, slatylegged banded crake, northern ruddy crake, whitebreasted waterhen, watercock, Indian moorhen, Indian purple moorhen are resident birds and can be seen on ponds, inundated paddy fields, etc.
- Three poachers were caught red-handed trying to lure watercocks and yellow bitterns by using a recording of a bird's mating call here yesterday.
Definition of watercock in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan