- 1Artists' paint made with a water-soluble binder such as gum arabic, and thinned with water rather than oil, giving a transparent color.More example sentences
- She was a life-long nonsmoker and an artist, painting with watercolor and acrylics.
- There are paintings on acrylic, canvas and handmade paper done with poster colours, watercolours, oil paints and even pens.
- Besides his work as an architect, Mockbee is an artist who uses collage, watercolor, and oil paint.
- 1.1A picture painted with watercolors.More example sentences
- Elegant oil paintings alternated with picturesque watercolours, while a number of acrylic paintings enlivened the display spread over two rooms at the gallery.
- Blackadder is exhibiting watercolours and oil paintings.
- Family Copies recreates oil paintings or watercolors by using an image from a digital or photographic source.
- 1.2The art of painting with watercolors, especially using a technique of producing paler colors by diluting rather than by adding white.More example sentences
- There, he has lived for the past 30 years, mastering lithography, oil painting, watercolor, gouache, drawing, engraving, sculpture and ceramics.
- In the late 1920s he was introduced to watercolour by visiting artist Rex Battarbee, who later became his agent.
- More example sentences
- When pursuing a bachelor's degree in art, she was introduced to watercolor and has been a watercolorist ever since.
- Primarily a watercolorist, Dixon also works in oil and acrylics.
- He was born at Blackrock, near Dublin, into a cultured family: his father (a solicitor) and his brother (an architect) were good amateur watercolourists.
More definitions of watercolorDefinition of watercolor in:
- The British & World English dictionary